Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Twinkle twinkle...

 
 More Midnight progress. I was determined to add stars and the five pointed star didn't make it to the quiltcenter; it looked like a Converse Allstar billboard, so I ripped it of.
After the applique border the pattern said to make churndashes. Unlike other participants in the Quilt Along, I don't like churndashes that much, so.... I cut, sliced, trimmed STARS!

 
 
 
 

 
 
 As you can see,the applique is not yet on in this pic, but I made progress there too!





 So far, the project has been fun to sew although accuracy is down the drain, challenging


 Not one point from the orange peels match. I checked pattern and background measurements and I decided they were not competable! Even in the original pic of the quilt, points mismatched. They look like giant flowers now, and you know what? Fine by me!

 One more applique border left, but I'm saving that. I need a portable project for my next patch-appointment with C... That's why the small innner borders can't be sewn on yet.
 Next border: tiny squares. Quiltmania says to cut a gazillion and sew them together one by one. Uhhhh, NO! There are better, quicker and more accurate ways in my humble opinion.
The QuiltAlong is hosted here. Ofcourse I'll never make the deadline; I "discovered" this project when the group was at border 4 or 5, but it's not a race and it's fun to see hoe others do.  I really really like sewing this!

2 comments:

  1. Schiet al op zeg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your personality is shining through on this one!!! it is looking QUITE awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete