Sunday, April 06, 2014

Quilts and more....


C, Quilting DD and I went to a quiltfair yesterday. Sunshine, good company, quilts and supplies...what more does one need?
We strolled around, had a coffee and lunch and enjoyed. I did make a few pics; for colour, design, quilting and general inspiration :)


Ofcourse I'm unable to make a fancy layout , so all the pictures are just placed one after the other..









 










 
I finally bought new daylight lightbulbs. Look at the difference between regular bulbs and daylight ones. With the new bulbs installed I HAD to clean and de-clutter today. OMG it looked like Eleanor Burns herself had an episode here. Now it's all clean and tidy again or as baking DD would say : "sterile" 
 
Also bought an older issue of QuiltMania, 'cause I really liked this quilt
 It has the same feel as the Midnight at the Oasis quilt and since I tried "needleturning"applique (and i liked doing it!), this might be a future project.
Another thing I picked up was this pattern
I want some Spring/easter things on the wall in the sewingroom. Think red/black/white/bold prints instead of the "country` look. The pattern is called `spring chicken`, but all i could think of was `RÚÚÚÚN!!!!!`

The sun did her stinking best and with good result. I left the house with buds on my little apple tree and came home finding blossoms :)

Oh, almost forgot! I promissed myself to get some sewing time. I shamelessly nicked an idea from pinterest and made my own.
Don't know the original designer, but I'll look into that. Meanwhile, I'm happily handquilting my birdhouses... 

1 comment:

  1. now that i am already signed in, i am gonna try to comment (again) ... are those little apple blossoms little green apples by now? and isn't pinterest all about shamelessly nicking ideas and making them your own?!? LOVE those birdhouses!!!

    ReplyDelete