Monday, February 22, 2016

On track and way behind

Last week I made my granddaughter a quilt. I hadn't done so because DD wanted to use a blanket instead of a quilt. But it felt odd! After all; this gran is about quilts:) Plusses because grandbaby IS a big plus and when you tilt your head a little, they become xxxxx: kisses!!
So big kisses from "oma" as grannny's are called in Dutch.
The back is a lovely fabric from Inkalily, I picked the cycling animals...
 
 
 
 
Since one can only sew one thing at the time, I'm waaaaaaay behind with the 365 challenge project.
Hopefully I find time to catch up soon.
On the bright side: I'm right on track with the Farmer's Wife!
"only" 16 more blocks to go before the painstaking process of putting it all together can begin.
 
I have a new addition in my sewingroom....a sleepover bed for cutypie.
 She came to visit oma with her parents last sunday and will come again next saturday.
The flannel cloth with the blue trim is 70 years old and handmade by my mum, when she was pregnant with her first. Still soft so her great grandchild can safely rest her head:)
Will MY great grandchild sleep under one of my quilts in 70 years time? I'd like to think so!
 
I cleaned my sewingtable to make room for a changingmat. When the little one was freed from her diaper however, she did what she had to do with such enthousiasm, that she almost hit the FW on the designwall ...LOL! But when your bum is as cute as hers, oma doesn't mind at all!!

5 comments:

  1. Die farmers wife wordt echt heel leuk! zie je beter zo op een foto dan 'live' aan de muur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat is de eerste quilt voor het kleinkind, maar waarschijnlijk niet de laatste.
    Een heel leuke naam trouwens!
    En een mooi idee om nog spullen van je moeder te gebruiken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Een granny square blok is ook heel toepasselijk voor n oma quilt, dus het zal inderdaad niet de laatste zijn😀
      Je staat overigens op " no reply" maar misschien lees je dit nog!)

      Delete
  3. Gelezen! Maar ik weet helemaal niet waarom ik op "no reply" sta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha!!! it's amazing how action-packed those little poopers can be, huh?!? she is gonna cherish the quilt her oma made for her!

    my grandkids call me Nona (cuz nonna is what grandmothers are called in Italian), except for Samster - he calls me "dianne" because, try as he might, "nonna" comes outta his mouth sounding like "NO! NAH!"

    ReplyDelete