Sunday, April 17, 2016

Where was I..?

Too long since the last blogpost, so time to catch up!
2 Weeks ago, Quilting DD, Sil and I went to the big Jheronimus Bosch exhibition. This medieval painter lived and worked in 's-Hertogenbosch and most of his still existing painting were to be seen at the local museum. Granddaughter was left in the capable hands of her opa....
My absolute fave was "the haystack"
....but all the paintings were absolutely worth while! Colour, lots of details and they all looked as if they were painted yesterday.

One week later I had another opportunity to cuddle CutyPie, when C and I picked Quilting DD up to go to a Quiltmarket/exhibition!


These are the only pics I took (and yep, 2 are sideways...)
We had a nice day; it had been too long since the 3 of us went out together!

And where was I quiltwise?
All one hundred and eleven Farmer'sWife blocks are DONE! Again it turned out a little brighter than I intended, guess i just can't seem to tone things down....( it is brighter in real life!)

 The authore repeated herself 2 times:
 Funny, since she specificly states, that she didn't "want to play favorites" (when she came a block short after putting the blocks on point) "so I added another block"
Nope, you didn't :)

I made only one and instead of the number 2, I made an Ohio Star, since that was the very first block I ever pieced
And the other duplicate I replaced with a signature block....sort of
Blocks with a slight variation that I didn't mind:
 
These 3 are quite the same if you take a closer look:)
 So now the task of (hand)sewing them all together starts and it will take as much time as sewing the blocks, I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment