Saturday, December 11, 2021

The great Granny Square project part 1

 I`m a proud oma to 3 lovely grandgirls. In our family they are commonly referred to as `the Ladies`, so I will stick to that name. I made the oldest one a babyquilt and that was all. Shame on me, and I feel that.

So, let`s change that and make the Ladies each a quilt! I decided it should be a GrannySquare (duh) and to make things easy, I will make 3 of those. Since I handquilt, it will surely be a `great`  project that will take me some time to accomplish.

This is my weapon of choice: the 1950 jubilee Featherweight. What a joy to sew on that machine again. It has been a while..

When I `design` a new quilt, I never measure beforehand. I`ll go where the blocks take me.None of the quilts I made have the same dimensions.

I made the Granny block with 3” squares. This is what I have so far!

It turnes out, it`ll be around 68”x 78” . The border square~in~a~squares are very time consuming! Sewing those is more of a chore, but with at least an hour every day, coffee at hand and Coldplay on Spotify, it is doable.
The one will be for the middle Lady. Her fav colour at the moment is purple, so she`s getting some purple blocks. I had approx. 4 purple fq`s LOL.


Off to sew another batch of border squares!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, goodness, a quilting room - what a joy. I do my machine sewing on the kitchen table. I love your Gossip quilt (never heard of that, but then I've never done anything half so complicated. Anyway, hello from Scotland.

    ReplyDelete