Thursday, May 02, 2024

Revival

I had not-one-of-my-best winters. I will spare the details, but now spring is here, garden is starting to bloom and I emerge once more.😜

I paused quilting on the black/white/grey quilt that is appropriately called the “ ups and downs “ quilt, because the excess bearding of the bamboo batting drives me nuts and because my hands started to act up. Time for a break.

While browsing my files, I came across the “ Smitten” quilt pattern and it called my name!

Ofcourse the pattern had templates but it was recommended to get Marti Michelle’s set H and they are just the thing for this quilt.

There are large hexagons and hexagons containing 3 small ones…
Fun, but difficult to do for I find it hard to choose the right fabrics, and already made some blocks that I ditched later one. But that doesn’t matter, I like the process so far

Most, if not all, quilters that made this quilt, sew it using the English paperpiecing technique. Tried that, but I see no point in cutting a gazillion paper hexies, glueing the fabric on and get the paper out again later on. English paperpiecing séwing is a nono for me too. Just hate it. I’ll get there with old fashioned patchwork techniques, that never failed me so far

No comments:

Post a Comment