Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Ups and downs

 All I did during summer was embroider lost and found patterns from the late 70’s. Must remember to take pictures of those later..

Since a week or 2, I finally started quilting again on the Ups and Downs quilt. So named for it has had lots of ups and downs during sewing ánd quilting with a bamboo batting that’s bearding like mad, but I have decided that it is what it is..

Middle part is all done now, so I must decide what to do with the borders next.

Since the weather is very nice for the time of year I also decided to make daily walks. Downloaded an app that keeps track and gives me virtual medals when I reach certain goals like “ you walked 3 times in a row yeey” 😬 At least it makes me go out the door every day; I don’t want an app tell me that I failed LOL
Since I’ve seen my own neighbourhood, I sometimes take the car to go to another city/town to walk there:less boring than same old same old.
And you learn something along the way! This is the only surviving “mount” ( called “redoute”) of 7, with room for a canon and an armed soldier to fight the Belgians if they would come to attack. They never did btw….haha
And a castle in a huge park with not a soul in sight.. 

Now where will I wander tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment