Sunday, May 23, 2021

It only takes two

Remember this picture of something red and white growing on my wall?? 

 
It’ s an old BOM from Sentimental Stitches called
 “ it takes 2”
I made a few blocks to see if I could do it and if I would like it. Who was I kidding??

It grew like a mold:)
By day I sewed blocks by machine and in the evening the more difficult ones by hand. There was a lot of appliqué involved, not my expertise. So since there was a lot of time to kill during lockdown 1, I watched how to's on YouTube endlessly 

  
The pics aren’t great; I didn’t take them with a blogpost in mind.. 
The sewing frenzy came to a halt when school (and thus work) re opened again after the summer holidays…

I also became a grandmother, or “ oma” in Dutch for the third time! Late July we welcomed a third granddaughter! Quilting DD now has 3 little ladies.
The 2 older sisters came to stay for sleep-overs several times while schools and daycares were closed (parents working from home) and I love having them. Never knew that being an oma could be so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment