Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Just takes 2 quilt

That red and white growing on my wall, does deserve a bit more introduction!

It is a tribute quilt to the red and white, an infinite variety exhibition  The 2 designers from Sentimental Stitches picked 100 blocks from those quilts and put them together and presented them as a free BOM. I first saw it on insta at the beginning of the first lockdown and it was on sale !yeeey!

Lockdown 2 last december brought me the time to make the rest of the blocks!

Piecing it together took some effort but…..tadaaa! So far so good!


When I started, I used Kona cotton white and poppy. Unfortunately I ran out of the poppy shade when I got to the borders and to add to the frustration: due to Covid it was out of stock éverywhere. I ordered from a US store that had it on back order, so I had to wait. And wait…☹️

This screenshot shows the finished quilt with the borders. This is my goal!

Soooooo, what to do while waiting….(drumming fingers) : getting rid of all those pesky red and white threads all around the house, getting my sewing space back in its “ howitshouldlook” state and …oooo look ! I forgot I had this pattern! Let’s sew, uhh see 

No comments:

Post a Comment