Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Girls day out again

 Finally we got another day out. C, DD and myself went to a small quiltmarket and exhibition last sunday.

Less booths than we were used too at this location; it seemed that store holders are not as keen as they were pre-Covid. Maybe because we all got used to shopping online?

The exhibition was nice, but I`m not into art quilts that much and I get an overload of that quickly. The `old fashioned` bed quilts appeal to me the most. 

A pleasant surprise were the quilts of a Russian(?) lady called Galla Grotto. She makes, in short, faces. It`s not the actual faces I like, but I was stunned by the technique and the craftsmanship. Amazing!!

However: we enjoyed ourselves and I got everything on my list. Yes, I made a list because I tend to forget things I said I needed to buy. So I got that thimble and those sewing machine needles. A bottle of Best Press was on the list too, but we couldn`t find it. DD had one at home she didn`t use as well as handquilting needles nr 11. Ofcourse I needed fabric too! 3 Bindings for 3 Granny Squares and some fq`s for the Granny quilt 3. Not that I ran out of fabrics that I used in 1 and 2, but some fresh, new ones spike the creativity. Let `s keep it at that:)

I pre washed the new haul yesterday (with retayne;I had a bleeding quilt once and I am still not over that)
Then I ironed and folded to make a pretty pile: fq`s on the left, binding fabric on the right.

(Those who know me, will be surprised by the fact that I bought PINK. The colour I really dislike, to put it mildly. Truth of the matter is, that no matter if I hate pink, the grand ladies love it, and I`m making a quilt for them, not for me. It`s C`s fav colour and she`s talking me into more pink items now. LOL. Not going to happen dear!)

Late in the afternoon, we dropped DD of and drove home again. Since this time I was not the one driving, I had the chance to take some pics on the way.



The western part of the country is very flat, as you can see.Nice, beautiful skies, but I`m always happy when, further south, I see an actual forest….


4 comments:

  1. i don't think i'll EVER get over the bleeding quilts that made the quilted snowmen pink - grrr!!!

    lurve, absolutely LURVE the pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy Mothers Day to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous00:20

    Annemiek - It was lovely to find your comment on my blog today and so I toddled on over here to check you out and had another delightful surprise - you're a quilter, like me. I'm so glad you found me and I intend to read a lot of your posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:23

      You’re so very welcome!

      Delete