Saturday, June 11, 2022

I give you: the finger :p

 I know: I`m waaay behind on posting. I had (and still have) discomfort on my right ring finger. 

Diagnosed with a so called `trigger finger` I first went to the handtherapist. After 6 weeks of fruitless exercises and massages (on what turned out to be the wrong spot) my doctor sent me to a plastic surgeon.

Two weeks later I had a `trigger finger release operation` Ah the medical phrases you learn. What hurt the most (and I mean really hurt) was the numbing injection. When the nurse removed the cloth they cover you up with, I was sent home with this..

I thought they must have sliced my entire hand open. A little anxious i removed all this after 2 days and found a lightning shaped little cut that could easily be covered by a cheerfull green plaster. I guess they like a bit of exaggeration at the local hospital.
After another 2 weeks the stitches were removed, it took about the same amount of time for all the dead skin to dissapear and now I have this
Looks all healed but: my finger is still rather swollen, it hurts when used. Can`t bent it properly and the scar itself hurts rather a lot when touched.
So here we are: can`t cut fabric and although I can hand quilt, I have a speed from 10 stitches/hour.
I read, I played internet games, I took several walks, went to Ikea, got bored.
According to the surgeon it can take another 6 to 8 weeks (aaaaaaagh)and if not better by then: back to the handtherapist (aaaaagh)
Oh, and she (the surgeon) found a similar obstruction at my index finger. I think the phrase f….ing hell is indeed appropriate here.


(I noticed that it is hardly possible to react on my blog. I read somewher how to fix that, but I forgot where… If someone really wants to contact me: carpequiltem@gmail or hop over to my carpequiltem insta.
Dianne: your lovely comments just popped up: thanks and sorry I missed them at the time)


1 comment:

  1. Ow!!! hope you're feeling much better, girlie

    ReplyDelete