Monday, August 07, 2023

Oeps!

Last week I saw an advert for a lovely Singer Featherweight 222. This was on my `wish list`, but 222`s are always waaaaay to expensive. Mindlessly I put in an offer, thinking it would never be accepted.

But to my utter surprise it was and I had to inform my DH that we were going on a road trip to collect a Featherweight I accidentally bought..LOL

Arriving at the seller`s house we were in for another surprise: the man owned a genuine sewing machine museum!!




We got stories and demo`s, looked at pictures and documents and I think my mouth was open all the time.
I should have made moer and better pics as well as a video or 2, but I forgot all that…

On our way home, we stopped in the village and went to a museum, dedicated to those who were in hiding in WW2, very impressing stories and a beautifull old building.
Look at these floors!

I feel a quilt coming up :)

But without further ado, here she is:



First thing I sewed was a reversible sleeve for her protection when storing

The free arm proved very usefull when topstitching

Glad I kept this magnetic bowl instead of gifting it to my DH. I already dropped the screw once and ofcourse it rolled under the fabric cabinet, `cause why not…pfff
Ofcourse I informed my children about my spontaneous purchase.:)
All in all we had a great day and I love this Feather!!(and my children ..)

No comments:

Post a Comment