Thursday, February 10, 2011

I proudly present...

Long time since the last post. I kept on struggling a bit with work, boss, life..but I'm doing better every week. I still have trouble sleeping well: there are more reports of burglaries in the vicinity and I'm awake every time I think I hear something.
 It is hard to keep connected without my own laptop too. My old Toshiba was on every day and I could surf and mail in front of the tv, taking a break from quilting or sewing or whatever. I spent a lot more time online for sure!
So, I apologize for not aswering to your comments and I promise to be more considerate in the future :)

 I did sew (duh) and I finally did my binding chores. My red/white quilt had to wait 2 years for its binding..

I finished the White Christmas quilt, in time for Christmas 2011

..and did the binding on the Dutch quilt. So I now have THREE finished quilts!
I am very pleased with myself. (and to Quilting DD: no, they still do not have labels, I will print those after finishing this post and sew them on tonight! And yes, I know a quilt isn't finished without a label, I taught you so..) 

I have been seeing the fysiotherapist. My collarbone is turning and wants to come up. Not a good idea. The fysio forbid me to quilt for more than 10 minutes a day. She obviously has no clue what she asks from me. I cheated ofcourse, to finish the Christmas quilt. I think she also meant no sewing, but I was wise enough not to ask that. I limited myself to sewing small stuff instead of finishing the next UFO. (when a top is finished, I want to quilt it immediately..)
So, I made a keychain clutch, a "bubble" clutch (all from Keykalou patters) and a zippered make-up bag, just to keep me occupied :)


Só looking forward to the weekend: C and I will go to a quiltmarket/ exhibition. It has been ages since our last trip!
I'll let you know how much we enjoyed it!

11 comments:

  1. The red-and-white quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20:01

    Je quilt zien er geweldig uit, vooral de rood/witte. Veel plezier morgen. En gelukkig gaat het langzaam beter met je.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous20:06

    10 minutes a day? For a quilter, that's next to impossible. Please take care. Your quilts are beautiful.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart did little palpitations seeing your finished quilts. I LOVE them! The red and white one is my favorite, of course and I may have to make myself one, one of these days. I want to see the Dutch quilt unfolded again in all of its glory..pretty please?

    I'm glad you are better, but please take care of yourself. Ten minutes, seriously? I really like all of your little projects too. Good job!

    Have a great time with C..I'll be thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to finally hear from you!! I LOVE the red and white quilt, just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee, fijn dat je er weer bent. Het hele gebeuren heeft een lange nasleep (ervaring!) maar uiteindelijk slijt het. Je blijft wel veel alerter voor de rest van je leven. Opbeurend he?
    Meid, wat heb je de afgelopen weken hard gewerkt. Zoveel AFO's, super! Ze zijn prachtig geworden. Maar hoe stelt de fys. zich die 10 minuten voor? Dan heb je toch amper de draad in je naald? Veel plezier op de beurs. Is een goede afleiding voor je.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW you are my hero!! 3 projects finished!! That red/white quilt is wonderful!! I hope your collarbone quits goofing around so you can get back to quilting very soon!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo!!! your finishes (i'm sure that you have the labels on by now) are STUPENDOUS!!! doesn't it feel good?!?

    take care - collarbones can mess up EVERYthing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There you are Annemiek!!! You've been very quiet on your end of late, and understandably so... 8-(

    Sorry I hadn't noticed that you had postedlater last week... I left Friday for my Row Robin Reveal/Retreat weekend! We had a blast, and were simply awed by all the rows that were created during the year... I've also been getting lots done!!! 8-)

    Your finished quilts are wonderful Annemiek!!! Awesome!! And your little projects are darling... Good for you!!

    Doctors telling us not to sew/quilt "IS" asking way too much...

    Have fun with C at the quiltmarket/exhibition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilts are so beautiful! Love getting that binding on! Don't know why the labels are such a chore(for me too)but so good to get them on! And cute little bags to boot! Sounds like you are accomplishing more than your DR may prefer! Hope your collar bone behaves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...? I could have sworn I commented here already...? I probably did, but forgot to hit "post comment"... wouldn't be the first time!!! lol! Fingers are too quick!!! 8-)

    Your quilts are looking awesome Annemiek! Good for you!!!

    Your little Keychain Clutches are adorable!!!

    Looking forward to hearing about your outing with C!!!

    ReplyDelete