Sunday, October 30, 2022

Keep calm and quilt on

 I finished the binding of the second Granny Square in the car, while driving to the recipient. Wednesday was granny daycare day and I had just over a meter left to do and just over an hour to do it. 

I got it done with a few minutes to spare. Granddaughter was very pleased with her quilt and after a very active day, I tucked her in with the new asset on her bed.

Next day, or I should say evening, I wondered what to do next. I usually sew by day and quilt in the evenings while watching some serie/movie/film. I took out the Gossip in the garden, but I had no backing that was big enough ( so that’s on a shoppinglist).

While I looked for backing material I came across an almost forgotten project: the Midnight at the Oasis!

It was layered, pinned, all set to go…so why did I abandon that one? First it is not a bedsize  quilt, so it has only a decorative function, same as the Gossip. And however fun and nice to sew, those quilts end on the rack with no immediate need to quilt and finish. 

Upon further inspection I remembered another reason why I put it aside: I was not happy with the quilting I already did. Since I just cannót sit with idle hands, I took a breath, unpicked all the previous stitches and started over

My choice of the day, being a Nordic thriller serie, was not helping. Very suspenseful, but if you don’t speak the language ( Norwegian and Danish) you have to constantly watch instead of watching/ listening.

For today I will add, hopefully, a few more blocks to the third and last Granny Quilt and pick something to watch later, in English….

(Omg, just found that I sewed the Midnight in 2013…… I think, hope,  it is the oldest ufo in my collection. I did find a small box labelled “ ufo’s”. I don’ t want to open it…..



No comments:

Post a Comment