Saturday, October 22, 2022

Stitching together again!

 For the very first time since the start of the COVID pandemic, C and I got together Friday afternoon to sew, quilt, chat, gossip and láugh again. I, and I presume C as well, had a lovely time. It had been too long.

C was planning and cutting fabric for her Farmer’s Wife quilt, and I stitched up some blocks for the Granny Square 3.


For comparison I pulled my Farmer’s wife from my bed. C is doing hers with mainly Fasset and Tula fabrics. Mine is completely different and we had trouble to identify my blocks compared to hers. 

Since mine was on the floor anyway, I took some pictures

Still love my signature block!

It took us a while to get going again btw. C didn’t sew or quilt for, I might say years and I haven’t sat behind the machine all summer. It was too hot to do anything. We spent a lot of time gathering our supplies back together. But after today, we will plan more and frequent quilt-get-togethers again. We also made plans for days-out-to-go-to-quiltshops. Looking forward to those too.

Granny Square nr 2 is almost done: the border is halfway done and I’m quilting every evening now. I’ve been told that the little recipient has a duvet that is a little thin, so she’s in need of an extra layer aka gran’s quilt. 
I understood the assignment.


2 comments:

  1. Dangerous to come here - so much temptation! Are your Farmer's Wife quilt blocks from Lori Holt's book "Farm Girl Vintage"? I have that book, so the temptation is right to hand. Wherever they're from they're beautiful and I love that you put them on point. Quilting is double the fun when you have a friend to join you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annemiek23:22

      It’s from the book “ the farmer s wife sampler quilt” from Laurie Hird, but the Lori Holt quilt is a very nice one too! The fun is in making a different block every time instead of repetition of the same one…

      Delete