Saturday, July 17, 2010

Getting to know the Monster

Here I am, typing away (more like slamming) on the Monster's keyboard (aka the family pc)
Quilting DD called and asked if she should drag sent me to an old people's home, since in my last post I said that I didn't know where to plug my USB stick. She suspected Alzheimer, but I can now tell her that I found it! *lol*
In my defense the following pics!
The Monster is to big to stand anywhere else than on the floor (OMG check how DIRTY the central heating thing is!)                                                                                                                                                     



















All the way down is the USB slot. So I have to go down on my knees, butt high up in the air, to plug the USB in. (and again...I really should do some neccesary dusting here..) So it's not so bad I overlooked now is it??

Oké, now that's clear..what did i do lately. Not much I'm afraid! It has been hot and now, even tough temps have dropped for the time being, it's still warm, humid and I feel sticky. Not ideal sewing weather!
I did sew a passportsleeve
Ofcourse Blogger flipped the pic but let's ignore that. I miscalculated a little: the rounded corners take up a bit of space and it would have been better to add 1/2 an inch to the width, but nevertheless: I'm very happy with the outcome :)

Except for some very slow progress on handquilting my Holland Quilt, that's about all I did. Sorry, not enough energy..                                                                                                                                 

In the pursuit of a better bodyshape, C and I try to walk once a week for an hour or so and we often say to eachother that we ought to take pics of our neighbourhood. Well, last week i did, so now you can all see what's there to see practicly in front of our home.

Right in front we have this fishingpond, and when we walk around it and go right there's this









































Not hard to imagine that, although my home is (too) small, I love where I live!

Last but not least: How to get my girlfriend to the Prom by Biking DS (and how to keep one's skirt down on the back of a bike by the Girlfriend)

4 comments:

  1. Wow...you live in a lovely area. What a relaxing and peaceful walk you must enjoy. I really like your passport sleeve and may just copy your idea since hubby and I stood in line for 3 hours last Saturday to get our new passports! Now to use them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place! Do you have air conditioning in your home? It doesn't sound like it. We just replaced our old one and boy am I ever a happy camper now. Hot flashing in hot weather really sucks! Glad you figured out the monster and are back blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ik wist helemaal niet dat t gala was! >:-|

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the passport sleeve...oh how I wish I could use my passport soon....

    You do live in a lovely place...it looks very inviting!

    Cute son and girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete