Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pouch mania

You know the saying that time flies when you're having fun. Well, I have been busy for sure!
First we celebrated the 22th birthday of BikerSon with the best cake ever and a surprise diner/party, all organised, cooked etc. by his sisters (not the cake, but they prepared a complete buffet for the guests!)














Before and after the weekend I made lots of the zippered pouches. As i said, they are quite addictive :)










































I made the blue and red ones twice, and gave 3 away as a present. One red one contains all my hairpins and such, a plaid one is in my dresser and another red is halfway done for Quilting DD. Tomorrow evening I promised to teach Quilting neighbour...The tutorial link to Janet's blog is added in the sidebar. I also bought a zipper for a pencilcase. Now that the zipperphobia is gone, there's no stopping me! Meanwhile I practiced machinestippling on the pouches.When quilting straight lines, the fabric shifted a lot, so perhaps I'd better save some money for a walkingfoot.
The 3rth JellyRoll Quilt-a-long block was posted yesterday (link in sidebar) but to be honest ,I don't like it very much ,so I haven't made it yet. I'm a bit concerned that the blocks will not make a coherent quilt in the end. I will sew the block ofcourse, but probably not today!

6 comments:

  1. Nog gefeliciteerd met je jarige zoon! Het gaat snel he. Mooie taart voor een biker.
    Je etuitjes zijn hartstikke leuk en handig voor allerlei rondslingerend spul. Nieuwe verslaving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the zipper pouches a lot. Wonder how big they are. I find it always hard to imagine if I just see the sizes on paper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated happy birthday to your son Anne!!! 8-)

    Your zipper pouches look great!! My group was making little pouches like that on Wednesday!!! They were very small... perfect for coins/money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pouches! They must be a lot of fun to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous18:24

    Zo eindelijk weer eens tijd om je blog bij te lezen. Als nog gefeliciteerd met de verjaardag van je zoon. Ik heb die tasjes ook eens bekeken en ik denk dat ik ze ook ga maken, ze lijken met niet zo heel moeilijk om te maken

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll just be waiting for mine to arrive in the mail then. LOL

    ReplyDelete